May 6, 2018

3D LAYERED CARD | LAWN FAWN


Masking and stamping are my all time favorite techniques and also I love using happy and bright colors on my cards to make the card designs more cheerful. I never tried making a 3D Layered Card and I must admit it wasn't that easy! Last night, the idea of this card hit my head, after so much of experimenting, designing, stamping and masking, here is the final result. I like the color combo and the card design very much. :)


My card mainly features Stuck on You and Year Four stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. I used Lime Rickey and Garden Party inks from Catherine Pooler designs. Also used Neon Pink ink by Hero Arts, Manganese Blue, Archival Jet Black ink, Broken China DI and Peeled Paint DI by Ranger. I water colored the images with school water color cakes.


HOW I MADE THIS CARD
  • I took four card panels of equal size. On the front and the third panels I stamped and masked the images from Stuck on You stamp set in different inks.
  • On the second panel I stamped the Hippo, birdie and balloon with Archival Jet Black Ink and water colored them with school water color cakes.
  • Onto the fourth panel I distressed the background with Broken China Distress Ink, added splatters of water and let the panel the dry for sometime.
  • I also distressed the edges of the three panels with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
  • Next I fussy cut all the three card panels and adhered it to the fourth panel with the help of flaps I created earlier.
  • Finally finished the card by stamping the sentiment from Year Four stamp set with Archival Jet Black Ink.
MORE SHOTS FOR YOU

card front

second panel

third panel

fourth panel

FOR CHALLENGES


FLIP THROUGH VIDEO

I hope you like it :)


And that is the card for today and I hope you like it. Thank you so much for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. You are a super star at masking and now adding in 3D layering, your skills are with no limits! This is such an amazing card, love the effect of the layering and the bright colours make me smile
    ! Thanks for joining us at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have far more patience than I do! All that masking! The end result was well worth all the time and effort though. This is an absolutely gorgeous work of art! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Deepti - Your design is absolutely fabulous and I LOVE your coloring and inked bg! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully detailed and such a cute and fun scene, Deepti ... the masking is fantastic and I love all that wild dimension! Great to see the flipping in your video too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic card. The layering and masking is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete