August 31, 2017

Be the Best version of you | Catherine Pooler Designs


Hello everyone! Today I have two cards to share with you all. Here is the first one! I used Bloomin' Boutique Stamp Set from latest SOA Counting Blessings Collection and Midnight Ink on my card. These Stamp of Approval/ SOA boxes sell out quickly but do not worry these items will be for sale in the Catherine Pooler shop on an individual basis in a few months The shop turned one so today is the last day to earn double points on your order! Click here to check out the shop.


I started by stamping and masking the flowers in Antique Linen Distress Ink and pencil colored the images with Faber-Castell color pencils. It took me four hours to complete the whole coloring process, if possible I will make a video and share it with you :)


While coloring the images, I slightly changed the shape of the flower and I think it still looks pretty cool! I also added shading to the solid images i.e., leaves! :)


Once the coloring process was done, I added tiny droplets of black and white paint to enhance the beauty of the design.


I forgot to mention, before stamping the flowers, I die-cut a water colored panel (canson montval 300gsm) with scalloped edged die from Tags,etc.dies by Catherine Pooler Designs.


Finally I adhered the die-cut panel over the brown card stock and adhered the brown card stock over the white card base. And finished the card by stamping the beautiful sentiment from Bloomin' Boutique. 


Here comes the second one! For this I used - Everyday Mod Stamp Set, It's a Boy Ink, Midnight Ink, Fiesta Blue Ink, CP's Card Stock and Leaf Motifs stamp set (counting blessings) collection.


I started by stamping the diamond background stamp in It's a boy ink and filled the few other diamond areas with CP's midnight ink. Then I took another small panel and ink blended the portion with Fiesta Blue Ink and added tiny droplets of water for some water color look.


I stamped the leaf from Leaf Motifs in Midnight Ink, fussy cut it and adhered over the small panel. Then stamped the sentiment from Everyday Mod Stamp Set. Finally adhered the smaller panel over the main card base and finished it with a few clear sequins :) 

I hope you like these cards, thanks for visiting! :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pencil coloring Deepti !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you colored the flowers in the first card, so very pretty! I love coloring with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love to see a video of how you colored the flowers.

      Delete